Unable to copy DTB into module directory

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Fri Feb 22 06:17:36 UTC 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:07 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2013, at 9:50 PM, Alie Tan wrote:
>>
>> I just built RasPi image and keeps getting this message:
>>
>> "unable to copy DTB into module directory"
>>
>> then the raspi reboot again and again.
>
> Try backing out r247045 and see if that fixes
> it for you.
>
> Also try breaking into the U-Boot prompt
> and entering

Sorry, left out some steps here.  (To clarify, this is a separate
experiment to be done with an image that includes
r247045).  The instructions should say:

  1) Remove the "fdt addr 0x100" command from loader.rc

  2) Early in boot, break to the U-Boot prompt (hit any key during the 3-second countdown)

 3) Enter these two commands to U-Boot

  U-Boot> fdt addr 0x100
  U-Boot> run bootcmd

This way, U-Boot will identify the FDT and ubldr will
get it from U-Boot (instead of ubldr accessing it
directly).

Tim