failed mount root on pi

Brett Wynkoop wynkoop at wynn.com
Mon Feb 18 19:54:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:57:28 -0800
Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo at bluezbox.com> wrote:

> There was a problem with SDHCI driver: card capabilities read from
> the card were
> incomplete. Usually it was 1-bit bus instead of 4-bit bus or no high
> speed timing
> for cards that support high speed timing. It worked although not at
> maximum performance. With this problem gone new bug revealed - some
> cards stop responding when SDHCI is switched to high speed timing
> mode. Me and Ian looking into it. Meanwhile try adding following
> string to /boot/loader.rc on UFS partition:
>
> set hw.bcm2835.sdhci.hs=0

Greeting-

This did not help.  I will mount the card on another box and revert to
old kernel.  For some odd reason I can not get into the boot loader to
boot either kernel.old or kernel.generic.  I have no keyboard response
until the kernel boots.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate guns from Americans
triggered a successful revolution......

     Dear Congress, that's a hint.