sshd dying on BeagleBone

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Tue Feb 12 15:32:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 01:16:08 +0100, Brett Wynkoop <wynkoop at wynn.com> wrote:

> Greeting-
>
> While looking at the console I saw that sshd died on signal 11!  So now
> we have a clue.  If I recall correctly signal 11 is a seg fault.
>
> -Brett

You recall correctly. But a seg fault can have multiple reasons like a
programming error in ssh or corrupted memory (like errors in the kernel
which shuffle pages or whatever) or faulty memory chips so a pointer is
flipped or ....
Do you have a core dump from ssh? If not you should configure the machine
to make them.

You can instruct where core files are dumped. My ARM computer says:
$ sysctl kern | grep core
kern.corefile: %N.core
kern.nodump_coredump: 0
kern.coredump: 1