Boot failure for CURRENT on

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Mon Dec 30 19:46:54 UTC 2013

On 30/12/13 16:08, Ian Lepore wrote:

> Given that it appears to be dying in the dmtimer code I recently
> touched, I'd say my changes (r259739, 43, 44, 50) are a good candidate
> (except, of course, it works when I run it on my BBW).
>
> Do you have option PPS and do you have one of the timer trigger pins
> configured for capture?  On my BBW, the next line of output I'd see is:

Ah, that was the problem. I had assumed that your timer patch twiddled
with the dts, since your original patch did. That will teach me :)

However, although I now get further, it seems it can't find my SD card:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mmcsd0s2a [rw,noatime]...
mountroot: waiting for device /dev/mmcsd0s2a ...
usb_alloc_device: setting up USB template failed maybe the USB template
module has not been loaded
ugen0.2: <Unknown> at usbus0 (disconnected)
uhub_reattach_port: could not allocate new device
Mounting from ufs:/dev/mmcsd0s2a failed with error 19.
Trying to mount root from ufs:mmcsd0s2 []...
mountroot: waiting for device mmcsd0s2 ...
Mounting from ufs:mmcsd0s2 failed with error 19.

Loader variables:
   vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/mmcsd0s2a
   vfs.root.mountfrom.options=rw,noatime

Manual root filesystem specification:
   <fstype>:<device> [options]
       Mount <device> using filesystem <fstype>
       and with the specified (optional) option list.

     eg. ufs:/dev/da0s1a
         zfs:tank
         cd9660:/dev/acd0 ro
           (which is equivalent to: mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/acd0 /)

   ?               List valid disk boot devices
   .               Yield 1 second (for background tasks)
   <empty line>    Abort manual input

mountroot> ?

List of GEOM managed disk devices:

mountroot>

Did something change ? Is UFS now compiled as a module or something ?
I'm a bit concerned that "?" showed no managed disk devices. Any ideas ?

Iain