FreeBSD 10 on Dockstar (Marvell Kirkwood)

Markus Pfeiffer markus.pfeiffer at morphism.de
Sat Dec 28 19:02:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I was trying to run FreeBSD 10 RC on a Marvell Kirkwood based Dockstar. It
boots up fine and everything, but the Gbit network adapter does not work.
It runs into watchdog timeouts and/or produces internet storms on the rx and
tx interrupts.

Since the driver itself hasn't changed since 9.1 (which is the last working
version I have), I suspect that something else (DMA?) was changed in the
meantime. I prodded aroudn what's happening in the driver.

Any pointers as to where to look for the problem? I prodded around what
happens in the driver and it seems that DMA doesn't work properly (descriptors
are set up etc, tx interrupt happens, but the descritor is still owned by the
DMA).

Cheers,

Markus