FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 27 02:58:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 06:51:11PM -0800, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> On Dec 26, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
> > Can crochet take this the userland tarball and make an image from it?
>
> Easy-peasy.  There are hooks for this already in lib/board.sh that you
> can override in config.sh.  Something like the following (untested)
> should do the trick:
>
> # (Optional) Don’t build world.
> board_default_buildworld ( ) { }
>
> # Replace default installworld with untar
> board_default_installworld ( ) {
> 	cd ${BOARD_FREEBSD_MOUNTPOINT}
> 	tar xf ${WORLD_TARBALL}
> }

So, in theory, re@ would need to produce arm userland (using TARGET=arm
TARGET_ARCH=arm), run 'make packageworld' to create the base.txz and
'make packagekernel' to create kernel.txz, and that should dump the
world/kernel bits onto a dd(1)-compatible image?

Although, if we're already doing buildworld, installworld is inexpensive
at this point.

Glen