ICU on arm

Lundberg, Johannes johannes at brilliantservice.co.jp
Thu Dec 26 05:51:23 UTC 2013

Hi

I trying to install some ports on Beaglebone and some of them require ICU
which is marked as broken with reason "does not compile on arm".

I though I'd share my experience and maybe that can be of some help to get
it running on arm.

# uname -a
FreeBSD beaglebone 10.0-RC2 FreeBSD 10.0-RC2 #0 r259707M: Tue Dec 24
10:17:24 JST 2013
root at PC2-11-0034:/root/Download/crochet-freebsd/work/obj/arm.arm/usr/src-releng10/sys/BEAGLEBONE
arm

# cd /usr/ports/devel/icu && make
Builds just find.

# make install package
also no problem..

# make test
on the other hand fails.
First I get seg fault at
   cmsgtst  {
    OpenMessageFormatTest                    ---[OK]
    MessageFormatTest *** Signal 11

and test stops.

To be able to run the remaining tests I disable this one test by returning
immediately in the function static void MessageFormatTest( void ) in the
file test/cintltst/cmsgtst.c

# make test
then gives the results

--------------------------------------
Errors in total: 540.
            start
         NumberFormatRoundTripTest
      format

--------------------------------------
Elapsed Time: 00:22:35.130
*** Error code 28

(get some weird error code 28 after result output...)

No effort has been made to try to fix the errors yet from my side.

Best regards
--
Johannes Lundberg

--
秘密保持について:この電子メールは、名宛人に送信したものであり、秘匿特権の対象となる情報を含んでいます。