[CFT] gcc update for ARM

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 25 16:29:59 UTC 2013

On 16.12.2013 17:06, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> On 16.12.2013 16:35, Warner Losh wrote:
>> Does this apply to FreeBSD 9-stable?
>>
>> Warner
>
> I did it on -current but it mostly touches config/arm which is
> otherwise untouched so it may very well apply there too (except for
> the ChangeLog).
>
> It does add support for newer platforms and it should fill the gap
> between gcc-4.2.1 and clang.
>
> Pedro.

An update on this: I made some tests crosscompiling and things didn't go
well. I was able to take some smaller updates and applied them but most
of the changes from upstream require some work to get into useful shape
on gcc-4.2.1.

FWIW, Apple did a lot of local code changes and on top of that they
merged stuff from gcc43 and later CodeSourcery. It's not too difficult
to take code from Apple's gcc and/or llvm-gcc but it requires more time
than I am willing to spend atm ...  and there is clang now :).

Cheers,

Pedro.