arm/185046: [armv6] issues with dhclient/sshd and jemalloc on raspberry pi and others

Adrian Chadd adrian at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 20 20:40:00 UTC 2013

>Number:         185046
>Category:       arm
>Synopsis:       [armv6] issues with dhclient/sshd and jemalloc on raspberry pi and others
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There's been issues with sshd/dhclient being very upset.

It was traced down to some jemalloc behaviour with processes that fork and do.. stuff. I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what the errnat behaviour was; it's likely lurking in the freebsd-arm mailing lists.

It was bisected down to this commit:

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/arm/pmap-v6.c?r1=251370&r2=252694&pathrev=252694

Reverting this apparently fixes the issue.