FDT Support for GPIO (gpiobus and friends)

Luiz Otavio O Souza loos.br at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:20:07 UTC 2013

On Nov 26, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Luiz Otavio O Souza <loos.br at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, so after playing a little bit with IIC and SPI on FDT i have now a patch, which i believe, is more clean and complete to support an OFW GPIO bus in the same way as it has been done with IIC and SPI.
>
> The first patch (001-ofw-gpiobus.diff) implements the OFW GPIO bus and all the changes to make possible to the available gpio devices (gpioled and gpioiic) attach to it.
>
> The second patch (002-iicbb-ofw-iicbus.diff) implements the changes to make the OFW IIC bus attach to a gpioiic bit-banging (iicbb(4)) kind of driver.
>
> The third patch (006-ofw-gpio-man.diff) has the manual changes for gpioiic and gpioled.
>
> I would appreciate if you people could take a look and give me some feedback.

Okay, so here are the updated patches (updated to apply clean after the last changes).

I’ve added one missing patch (000-gpio-node.diff) which gives access to FDT node of the gpio controller to GPIO OFW bus.

For now, this last patch is only for RPi and BBB. Both are tested and known to work with gpioled(4) and gpioiic(4).

There is an additional patch (000-bbb-gpioled.diff) which shows what is needed to setup gpioled on BBB.

In the next days, i’ll check the changes for regressions with some non FDT boards and if everything is okay and nobody objects, i’ll ask for permission to commit it.

Comments ?

Luiz