Reminder: Removal of WITHOUT_ARM_EABI

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri Aug 30 12:06:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:38:44 +0200, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On 29 August 2013 10:25, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>> > (top posting so one doesn't have to scroll down to the bottom to read
>> > this..)
>> >
>> > ARM people - is this useful? This looks to me like the serial console
>> IO
>> > path to enter ddb. I guess uart_bus_attach() is the wrong function
>> name
>> and
>> > the real function is something inside the uart RX path
>>
>> This stack trace is poo. These routines long ago finished running, and
>> certainly wouldn't be running in the context of df.
>

> They'd be running if he hit the magic "please sir, may I enter ddb?"
> routine. The attach function is just ddb getting the symbol lookup wrong
> -
> you'd have to run (arm) addr2line to get the PC -> symbol.
>
> But the wchan shows its running, not that it's spun in the kernel. So,
> either it's running and doign ridiculous amounts of syscalls in some kind
> of loop, or it's actually spinning in userland.
>
> Re jmg - yeah, maybe running it in userland gdb will shed more light.

Hi, it is about the df in this line in /etc/rc.d/initrandom.

         ( kenv; dmesg; df -ib; ps -fauxww; date; sysctl -a ) \
             | dd of=/dev/random bs=8k 2>/dev/null

If I (only) remove the df it waits on the ps. If I remove the ps it waits
on sysctl. Maybe interesting information.

Because it is still running the boot scripts I don't know how to attach
gdb. Any pointer how to do that?

Oh wow, for some lucky reason I add rc_info="YES" to rc.conf and when I
rebooted it did an fsck of all filesystems and it booted into multiuser. I
am now logged in and see the same as Ian. Top does not work. Df hangs. Etc.
I see I don't have debugging symbols compiled in the userland so I need to
rebuild to make gdb happy.

Ronald.