kldload on arm

Tom Everett tom at khubla.com
Sun Aug 11 21:07:44 UTC 2013

Good afternoon mailing list.  I'm attempting to write my first driver.
 I've got a very basic driver which I am attempting to load.  The source
code is here:

https://github.com/teverett/pi-iic

When I attempt to load the driver I get this:

root at lureen:/home/tom/pi-iic/pi-iic # make install
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   bcm2835_iic.ko /boot/kernel
kldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref: Skipping /boot/kernel/kernel.gz.tramp: not dynamically-linked
root at lureen:/home/tom/pi-iic/pi-iic # make load
/sbin/kldload -v /home/tom/pi-iic/pi-iic/bcm2835_iic.ko
kldload: can't load /home/tom/pi-iic/pi-iic/bcm2835_iic.ko: File exists
*** Error code 1

Does kldload work properly on arm?

--
A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding  - Douglas
MacArthur