BeagleBone GPIO

David Kalliecharan davidkallie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:29:43 UTC 2012

Hi Damjan,

I am attempting to do some work on the BeagleBone and am curious about
the GPIO driver, I was directed to you by Tim Kientzle, who has helped
me get a working system and am going to attempt to help him in any way
I can. I attempted to list off the available pins using the gpioctl
command and got the error:

# gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 -l
ioctl(GPIOGET): Invalid argument

Not sure if I am using the correct userland tool, as Tim informed me
that there was a tool to use and a driver you were working on and had
assumed it to be 'gpioctl'. If I can help with testing or anything let
me know (I am trying to get my feet wet with this stuff), again thanks
for taking the time to help, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Dave