ARM at the Cambridge DevSummit

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 12 02:13:14 UTC 2012

On Jul 11, 2012, at 6:10 AM, David Chisnall wrote:

> Hello all of the FreeBSD/ARM flavoured people,
>
> The Cambridge DevSummit in August will be attended by some people from ARM, so it would be good to have as many FreeBSD/ARM developers there as possible.  If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
>
> Please also let me have a list of topics that you'd like to discuss with people from ARM so that I can try to make sure that relevant people attend.

I won't be able to attend, but after some recent work on
ARM booting, I'm very curious if there are emerging
conventions (I hesitate to use the word "standards")
for how ARM systems boot.

Warner's been talking about working towards a true
GENERIC kernel on ARM.  That looks almost feasible,
but we still seem a long ways from being able to build
a generic bootloader.

Is this likely to change?

Tim