Raspberry PI ARM Clone

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Sat Apr 28 18:07:52 UTC 2012

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:09:25 +0100
Charles Sibbald <casibbald at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I have had discussions with some friends about the possibility of a
> high spec 'clone' of the PI and this has brought us to the list at the
> bottom of the page.
>
> We have been in discussions with a PCB designer and expect we can
> produce this with a retail price of under US$100.

Very cool.

> Does anyone have any comments on this idea, what would be the interest
> in such a spec board?
>
> On advantage we have is that we will have an agreement with chipset
> manufacturers for access to necessary information for the BSD
> community to develop drivers.

Documentation of Samsung SoC is not open?

> Processor
> ============
> Cortex-A8 1.5GHz Dual Core Samsung SOC
>
> Display
> ============
> RCA video,

Maybe better to not add RCA connectors at all to make device smaller?

> Mini-HDMI,
> LCD ribbon connector,
> Sound
> ============
> Mini-Audio 2.5mm Mic & Speaker Out ports
> RAM & Storage
> ============
> 1GB RAM on board,
> Mini-SD card slot,
> Networking
> ============
> LAN 2 x 10/100,
> 802.11b/g/n onboard,
> Bluetooth onboard,
> GSM/GPRS (Single modem)
> Connectivity
> ============
> Mini-USB 3 Ports,
> Amtel ATxmega Microcontroller 100 GPIO pins
> Camera pins,
> InfraRed pins,
> Sensors
> ============
> Gyro sensor,
> G-Sensor,
> Digital compass,
> GPS and Accelerometer
> Antenna
> ============
> GSM Antenna,
> Bluetooth Antenna,
> Wifi Antenna,

Unless it for PDA like device, better to remove sensors, Bluetooth,
GPS. That will allow lower price and smaller size.

But anyway, looks very interesting.
Thank you very much!

WBW
--