OMAP4 and Debugging Symbols questions

Damjan Marion damjan.marion at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:27:22 UTC 2011

On Jun 24, 2011, at 2:25 PM, Mohammed Farrag wrote:

> Hello FreeBSDers,
>
>   I am working on bringing freebsd to new hardware. One of the problems I
> faced is OMAP4 emulation (pandaboard). Unfortuantely, it's only supported on
> CCSv4 and virtio so for large debug info, I used Code Composer Studio but I
> was asked for loading symbols for debugging which is vmlinux in Linux.
> Unfortunately, I don't have strong knowledge in Linux. So, What is the
> similar file to this one in FreeBSD?
>
> Also, Will be there differences in making process for building for
> pandaboard target or I should add paramters for OMAP4 make?

Hi Mohammed,

What do you exactly mean by "OMAP4 Emulation" ?

OMAP4 is is currently not supported on freebsd, there are some ongoing efforts
to introduce support for OMAP4 but that requires lot of work including
ARMv7 support and SMP.

There is working tree of OMAP4 code at:

http://gitorious.org/+freebsd-omap-team/freebsd/freebsd-omap

Mainly developed by Ben Grey.