freebsd-arm Digest, Vol 271, Issue 1

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Wed Jun 15 03:14:27 UTC 2011

All,
  I've been reading the list digest for a few weeks now to try to get an
idea of where ARM development is. However, what I haven't seen is any
recommendations on hardware for someone looking to get on the platform.

  Now, I don't want to seem to be trolling, but I'm curious if there are
recommendations for a reasonably supported platform? I'm looking to
mostly do application development for what will eventually be a remote
sensor array, so low power consumption - in the range of 15-20W, 3-4 USB
ports and being able to boot itself are the primary requirements. That
doesn't mean I'm not interested in kernel work - always a possibility
since I've written the device drivers for the USB devices that will be
connected, but I'd like something I can get up and running with fairly
quickly.

  In looking around, something like the OpenRD Ultimate or even the
Dreamplug and a USB hub from Globalscale look interesting....

  Thoughts?

  -B