OpenRD Ultimate SD card slot?

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Wed Jul 27 23:31:44 UTC 2011

I'm moving ahead with real hardware. Got my OpenRD Ultimate yesterday,
and already have it booting and doing a handful of useful tasks.
However, I noticed that the SD card reader wasn't showing up as a
device.

I added in the mmc, mmcsd, and sdhci devices, rebuilt, and rebooted.
Still nothing. Digging around, I found that the original OpenRD doesn't
have SD, and the other devices are dependent at91_mci, which doesn't
seem to be available with the Marvell family of chips...

Before I dedicate a ton of time to trying to make this work on my way to
getting a flash-based kernel booting and using the sd card as a
filesystem, has anyone with one of these devices gotten this working?

  -Brian