freebsd-arm Digest, Vol 276, Issue 1

Damjan Marion damjan.marion at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:33:58 UTC 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 6:37 AM, satish kondapalli wrote:

> Thanks marion,
>
> "make buildkernel TARGET=arm TARGET_CPUTYPE=cortex-a8" is not working.

As I said in my previous email, it will work if cortex-a8 is supported.

> 1)  How to build custom tool chain in free BSD. is there any documentation?.

no afaik. You can try to modify script which is made for Mac OS X :

https://github.com/jsnyder/arm-eabi-toolchain

> 2) Which gcc version will support for cortex-A8? I want to compile FreeBSD kernel for coretx-A8

Last CodeSourcery should be good pick. One which is used by script above.

> .
>
> any one build the kernel for cortex-A8?(armv7).

Currently there is no ARMv6 and ARMv7 support in freebsd kernel.
Some people are working on support on different ARMv6 and ARMv7 SoCs
but it is still work in progress.

Damjan