quick summary of arm families on freebsd

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Mon Dec 12 10:10:46 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-09, at 20:22, John Hein wrote:

> What's the status of new arm families (e.g., ARMv6/7) on freebsd?
> Pointers to svn or p4 are fine.  Particular interest at the moment on
> Cortex A8 (e.g., on many of the TI ARMs).

There's work in progress on ARMv6 / v7 in SVN, see project "armv6", http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/armv6/. The immediate platforms supported are Marvell PJ4 CPUs, but the code has been initially brought up also on Cortex-A9 (Panda), though I'm not sure if anyone is actively working on A8 adaptations.

Rafal