OMAP3 patch

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Mon Apr 25 15:54:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:44:05 +0100
Mark Murray <markm at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Most excellent!
>
> Do you have a recipe for building and installing this?
>
> I'm very familiar with building ind installing regular FBSD;
> less so with the BB build/install/boot process.
I've placed my build script at [1]. You need to change ${DIR} to point
to your patched source tree. It depends on the devel/u-boot port.

After the script has built FreeBSD copy ${KERNEL_FILE}.boot to a FAT
formatted sd card as uImage. e.g.:
	cp ${KERNEL_FILE}.boot /mnt/uImage
${KERNEL_FILE}.boot is printed at the end of the build script. U-Boot
should load FreeBSD without any input from the user.

The root file system is loaded off USB from /dev/da0s1. It is a
standard buildworld/installworld with TARGET=arm.

Andrew

[1] http://fubar.geek.nz/files/freebsd/omap/build_beagle.sh