Guruplug Server Plus working to some extent...

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Tue Oct 26 21:20:04 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-26 22:00:07 (+0200), Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm at dino.sk> wrote:
> Well, 'makeoptions DEBUG' just creates kernel.symbols, nothing else... there
> must be some other way to create more debug output, but I did not find it. If
> I could convert elf-structured ubldr to binary ubldr.bin, maybe I can boot
> kernel with verbose output... but I did not find the way to do it. (Any hint
> on this?)

I mostly wanted to see the debug print statements in the simplebus code.
I think you need to set 'options DEBUG=1' in the config file to get
them. I seem to remember making a few changes in other parts of the code
to get that to build though.

In any case, what I wanted to see is already printed in the boot log.
Both mge interfaces are using the correct memory locatins (0xf1076000
for mge1) and the correct PHY numbers.

Did you statically configure the mac addresses in the DTS for this boot?

Regards,
Kristof