Guruplug Server Plus working to some extent...

Kristof Provost kristof at sigsegv.be
Mon Oct 25 20:17:32 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-24 23:22:34 (+0200), Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm at dino.sk> wrote:
> Well, it may be. I am no expert in this area, but what I do not understand is
> how bad PHY assignment could affect sending frames but nor receiving. I would
> expect with wrong assignment failing both, but, again, I am no expert here...

I'm not exactly an expert myself, I could be mistaken.
I suspected the PHY because that's the bit which caused trouble on my
board. Looking deeper the fact it's unable to probe the MAC address for
the second interface is quite suspicious too.

Was there anything suspicious in the boot log? Perhaps something related
to simplebus?
It might also be a good idea to rebuild your kernel with 'DEBUG' set and
to take another look at the boot output then.

I don't think I can say more without a device to play around with.

Regards,
Kristof