RM9200 tuning

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Mon Mar 8 23:06:03 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-08, at 23:38, Stanislav Sedov wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 22:32:57 +0100
> Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely7.cicely.de> mentioned:
>
>> Well I still don't use a real loader, just the plain bootcode.
>> I would be very happy to switch to loader(8) with FICL, tuneables and
>> bootpromt.
>> Is it possible to do today?
>> I was with Warner using my elfbuild hardware for the first time when he
>> did the first steps on RM9200.
>> Therefor I'm probably still using obsolete old quick and dirty hacks.
>> If loader(8) can be used now it is the first thing I will change before
>> trying anything else.
>
> I belive it should be pretty easy to port ubldr(8) to support AT91 as raj@ made it
> working on the Marverll ARM platform.  I'm not sure which details should be
> reimplemented, though, but from what I seen it should be quite a little work
> required.

The loader(8) support for ARM is independent of any specific board, but it's currently only integrated with U-Boot as an underlying firmware (though it should not be difficult to integrate it with other first-stage bootloaders provided they export some API for elementary operations on devices).

We have actually had it running so far on various Marvell systems (ARMv5 and v6), TI DaVinci (v5) and EP93xx (also v5), as far as I remember. The only requirement for running current loader(8) on ARM is that U-Boot is built with CONFIG_API option.

Rafal