Performance of SheevaPlug on 8-stable

Maks Verver maksverver at geocities.com
Sun Mar 7 19:56:34 UTC 2010

On 03/07/2010 08:00 AM, Bernd Walter wrote:
> That's probably just because of different CPUs.
> I see a similar output on all of my systems with ARM920T CPU and
> still there is something wrong.

That's strange indeed. I'm not sure if our problems are at all related
(as in: caused by the same problem) as you seem to be using fairly
different hardware.

In my case the kernel (at boot up) doesn't seem to even think caches are
enabled, which gives me some hope that if they were, then they would
work. In your case the kernel claims to enable them but then they don't
work. Seems different to me.

> Your loop isn't doing any data access, so it's just saying something
> about ICACHE not working.

True enough.

> But maybe it is not ICACHE itself and the memory pages are just
> declared uncacheable?

Another possibility. If anyone has suggestions on how to investigate
this, I'd love to hear it.

- Maks Verver.