where to start?

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 15:12:36 UTC 2010

I've been using fbsd on i386, alpha, ia64 and sparc64.
I'd like to see what fbsd ARM can do for me.

I can see some systems here http://www.simtec.co.uk/,
but not sure what is possible to do with those.

For example, can I have a graphical thin client
built on ARM? This would be a box with some keyboard
and a mouse, with full ports tree on some disk, and with
X server running. Of course there must be a good
ethernet connection to the server. Does this make
sense at all?

Or what about a portable ARM computer to be used
for making presentations, something one can use
instead of a laptop?

Perhaps I'm asking the wrong questions alltogether..

many thanks
anton

--
Anton Shterenlikht