at91sam9g20: Upcoming Patches

Greg Ansley gja at ansley.com
Mon Jul 19 13:39:40 UTC 2010

During the next day or so I'll be submitting the following patches for
the arm/at91 (head) tree with the goal of eventually being able to
create a single "GENERIC" kernel that will boot on the at91rm9200,
at91sam926? and at91sam9g20 (as long as boot sequence configures the
multiplexed pins).

I also have patches against 8-current if any one needs them.

These patches have been tested on a KB9202C and an Atmel AT91SAM9G20EK
Rev B.  I would appreciate testing (or loan of boards) for the
at91sam926? family.

I am assuming it would be best to submit separate PRs for each of the
changes. If something else is preferred let me know.

at91_mci.c:

    * Compile and run time selection of "Slot B" of mci controller.
    * Compile and run time selection of 4 wire connection (4x bandwidth
      to slot).
    * No byte swapping on non-RM9200 targets.
    * Fix obscure segfault when bus_dma_load() fails in
      at91_mci_start_cmd().

at91_pit.c:

    * Support for full resolution timer counter.
    * Remove compile time address dependencies.

at91_rst.c:  (NEW)

    * Support SAM9 reset controller.
    * Implement shutdown() on NRST (reset button) and full reset if held
      for more the 5 seconds.

at91_wdt.c: (NEW)

    * Support SAM9 watchdog timer using the watchdog(9) style interface.

if_ate.c:

    * Support for sam9 "EMAC" controller.
    * Support for rmii interface to phy.

at91.c & at91sam9.c:

    * Eliminate separate at91sam9.c file.
    * Add new devices to at91sam9_devs table.

at91_machdep.c & at at91sam9_machdep.c:

    * Automatic chip type determination.
    * Remove compile time chip dependencies.
    * Eliminate separate at91sam9_machdep.c file.

at91_pmc.c:

    * Corrected support for all of the sam926? and sam9g20 chips.
    * Remove compile time chip dependencies.

Greg Ansley