Atmel at91sam9261-ek support.

Arnar Mar Sig antab at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 24 05:00:15 PDT 2009

On Mar 24, 2009, at 4:40 AM, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <8BC7AFF2-E0E1-4498-82E8-29C3F64C5E2E at FreeBSD.org>
>           Arnar Mar Sig <antab at freebsd.org> writes:
> : >  - a new smc driver (static memory controller)
> : Looks like the at91sam9261 uses the same SMC core as at32ap700x, we
> : should look into using the same driver for both archs. I already
> have
> : at32_smc in p4 to do bus managment and attach childs but no setup
> code
>
> Part of the problem here is going to be each SoC is going to have a
> different set of errata for the silicon....
Yes i know. Dosen't look like they are having problems with it in
linux land, and aren't there driver in the tree that deal with bugs in
some chip revisions?

After a quick look over at32ap700x and at91sam9261ek errata it dosen't
look like there are any show stopper bugs for not using the same smc
driver on both archs. Difference between them are:
at32ap700x has 6 chips selects while at91sam9261ek has 8
"Special" functions (CompactFlash, SmartMedia, NAND..) are set in
different registers not belonging to SMC (same for both archs but
different registers)

Arnar Mar Sig