Mount root from SD card?

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Fri Jan 23 02:31:06 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:17:06AM +0200, Alexander Motin wrote:
> > Right now I'm only getting ~900kB/s (890-919) and we can do much
> > better, no?
>
> I have started from alike values with sdmmc driver, but with multiblock transfers and 4 bits bus I have reached top possible for my controller 15Mbytes/s. Multiblock transfers are very important to reduce number of interrupts.

Not only that - they are important for card internal optimization.
Especially with writing a transfer can issue read-modify-write cycles
on the large cell blocks and writing a 16k FS block in 32 card
transactions is not very perfect.
Especially many MLC cards have a large write transaction overhead.
With reading it just means opening the cells for reading, but some
card designs are slow with this as well.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de