fetch data corruption on local fs [SOLVED]

SAITOU Toshihide toshi at ruby.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Dec 22 10:58:22 UTC 2009

From: Michael Fuckner <michael at fuckner.net>
Subject: Re: fetch data corruption on local fs [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:16:20 +0000

> On 12/19/09 07:30, SAITOU Toshihide wrote:
>> It seems the patches are already mainlined.
>> http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/Das_U-boot_plug_support
>>
>> So, Has anyone success to build the Open U-Boot with
>> CONFIG_API and booting ubldr?
>
> I could just compile it (debian lenny in virtualbox with
> codesourcery-toolchain)
>
> If anyone is interested, you can find the binary here:
> http://dedi2.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/u-boot.kwb
>
> My current problem is that I don't know how to use openocd
> on FreeBSD-8. Do I have to config with libftdi or
> without. USB on 8 still is a little bit strange to me :(

I used JTAGkey and OpenOCD 0.1.0 [1] with port devel/libftdi
with these configuration.

   #interface
   interface ft2232
   ft2232_device_desc "Amontec JTAGkey"
   ft2232_layout jtagkey
   ft2232_vid_pid 0x0403 0xCFF8

But I know SheevaPlug implements a FT2232 chip in it for
JTAG port and latest OpenOCD 0.3.0 has sheevaplug.cfg, so if
you can prepare 0.3.0 (possibly need devel/libusb?), maybe
you can use as mentioned [2]:

   % openocd -f /somewhere/sheevaplug.cfg

prepare another terminal then:

   % telnet localhost 4444
   haltsheevaplug_init
   load_image <elf_u-boot_image_with_path>
   resume 0x00600000

I don't have SheevaPlug and I'm sorry if this is not helpful.

[1] http://bsddev.blogspot.com/2009/04/jtag-openocd-freebsd.html
[2] http://www.openplug.org/plugwiki/index.php/Das_U-boot_plug_support

> Regards,
>  Michael!