Pandora

Guillaume Ballet gballet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:02:35 PDT 2009

> Is there any work being done for the Pandora platform (which I think is VERY
> similar to the BeagleBoard)?  It's the TI OMAP3530, but if you don't happen to
> have anyone working on the Pandora, well, maybe I can start  one.  I need to
> know if anyone is working on anything similar for FreeBSD.

I am working on a FreeBSD port for the BeagleBoard. I am far from
having a complete system, but I wrote a temporary loader and I am
slowly getting to rootfs mount time. I haven't published anything yet
since my code is still embarrassingly hacky and incomplete, but feel
free to contact me: I may already have something you could find useful
to help you get started on your board.

> Beyond that, I've just finished building a cross-binutils-2.19, and a
> cross-gcc-4.3.1.  I think the next step is to build me a cross glibc, but I
> don't (yet) know what the version of glibc that I need is.  If anyone knows
> about that, I'd surely appreciate any guesses you might have.   I need to know
> the filename of the installed libraries, and the glibc version I need.  Thanks.

Not sure how far you went, but I decided to start compiling and
booting the kernel before worrying about the userland :) Also, you
have to be aware that the compiler used in the BSD build system is a
bit different from the vanilla one. And afaik, gcc 4.3.x does not
support the extensions required to build the FreeBSD kernel. I'm not
sure how much work that is, but that's definitely an interesting task
if you have the time to do it :)

Cheers,
Guillaume