FreeBSD/arm support for Marvell chips -- please review

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Fri Oct 10 16:27:29 UTC 2008

Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Just my $0.02:
>
> I personally don't like the deep nesting of directories,
> but other than that: it looks and works great.

Yea, this dirs hierarchy is best what we could come up with given multiple
SOCs, cores, and integrated peripherals in play, sharing the
functionality/code in some N:M fashion depending on revisions :-) I'm all for
making it more clever, if you see a way.

> I have some tweaks to add later. For example:
> FPA support on little endian ARM (FPA has the words in
> big-endian, irrespective of the byte order). We have
> 4 places where we define the IEEE representation and
> where we need to account for this.

Sure, all improvements and extension more than welcome.

Rafal