gateworks/avila board support

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Fri Mar 21 22:45:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 01:59:26PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> I'm working to fill in the missing bits for gateworks/avila boards.  I
> just fixed usb and am working on the 4-port switch, ixp425 crypto
> support, and anything else I hit.  I'm aware of one issue where stuffing
> all 4 mini-pci slots in a 2348-4 board results in unreliable interrupts.
>
> If you are aware of any other problems please let me know or better yet
> file a PR and assign it to me.  Can't promise I can fix 'em this time
> 'round but will try.

How do you want to handle the switch?
For the RTL8305SC I have done the rlswitch driver, which currently
initializes the switch with fixed compiled values, but I'm not
very happy with this.
I think it would be better to have a /dev/mii to allow configuring
the switch from userland.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd at bwct.de           info at bwct.de            support at fizon.de