AT91RM9200 and possibly other ARM targets are broken in 8-current after recent commit (more)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Apr 21 20:21:41 UTC 2008

Hi Olivier,

I've found a new issue :-(

The OHCI driver does not work in 8-current when using the USB P4 project. I
get garbage data when I do USB transfers. I suspect that there is something
wrong with the cache flush and invalidate stuff in relation to bus_dma. I
have carefully reviewed the OHCI driver and it uses the "bus_dmamap_sync"
function properly.

Using my USB patchset to build the same USB code on 7-current does not yield
these problems.

I see that there has been a lot of changes to "sys/arm/arm/pmap.c" for
example.

Do you have a clue about what is causing this ?

--HPS

Output from 7-current:

usb0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
uhub0: <Atmel OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb0
uplcom0: <Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller D, class 0/0, rev
1.10/4.00, addr 2> on usb0
usbd_alloc_device: set address 3 failed (ignored)
usbd_alloc_device: getting device descriptor at addr 3 failed!
uhub0:uhub_reattach_port: could not allocate new device!
mmc0: setting transfer rate to 30.000MHz

Output from 8-current:

uplcom0: <???????? ????????, class 0/0, rev 1.10/4.00, addr 2> on usb1
uplcom0: failed to set configuration, error=USBD_ERR_SHORT_XFER
device_attach: uplcom0 attach returned 6