Porting FreeBSD to the Neo1973 (arm920t)

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Wed Sep 19 09:54:38 PDT 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:50:03 +0200
Marius Nuennerich <marius.nuennerich at gmx.de> wrote:

> And even if we had that I don't know if u-boot is capable of speaking
> CDC ethernet over usb so that we can tftp the kernel. The Neo1973 has
> no real ethernet onboard.

Heh?
U-Boot supports ethernet, according to manual and faqs. And Neo1973
only have USB (in current devices, anyway).
I thought CDCe was *the* ethernet driver for usb.

Hmm, the wiki[1] seems to say that the Linux kernel has support for cdc
ethernet, at least. That doesn't mean that the bootloader does.
I must remember to connect my Neo1973 to a FreeBSd machine and test
what U-Boot can do.

1) http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo1973
--
Regards,