jornada 568 port

Mikhael Skvortsov kawks at ya.ru
Wed Sep 12 17:24:21 PDT 2007

Olivier Houchard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 02:15:41PM +0400, Mikhael Skvortsov wrote:
>> Oliver,
>>
>> quick tryout of the 16550 didn't give any results (nothing is transmitted
>> at all). But this driver is definitely compatible with the sa11x0 usart,
>> so I'll try it in detail later.
>>
>> However, I found some typos in uart_dev_sa1110.c which caused error:
>

> Hi Mikhael,
>
> Thanks a lot for investigating this. I just committed your fix.
> Does that mean you go further now ?
> As for the ns8250 code, I'd guess a few tweaks in uart_cpu_sa1110.c or
> uart_bus_sa1110.c should be needed. Maybe the attached patch would help ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Olivier

Oliver,

yep, it's some kind of a progress now. Freeze moved to pmap_bootstrap()
at arm/arm/pmap.c:2507. At the moment I try to understand the code around.

Thanks for your patches but it seems I was wrong about `definite
compatibility' of the sa1110's uart and the 8250. After carefully
reading datasheets I found these chips are thoroughly different. Sorry
for my inattention.

Regards, Mikhael