4-bit SD Card mode

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Fri Jun 8 10:29:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 10:34:45AM +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:14:16AM +0200, Björn König wrote:
> > The best solution that I see is to provide a way to specify the hardware
> > without patching the kernel and without requiring special bits from the
> > loader. This should happen directly or indirectly in the kernel
> > configuration file.
>
> Couldn't we use device hints for this?

This would work for GPIO setup, but some boards may require procedural
initialisation to setup external FPGA, etc.
The best way still seem to be a board specific init function, which
the user can easily enhance for exotic needs.
This is not the way I want to have for my boards, but I don't have to
put anything in there, so it don't collide.

My current interest is currently more to have compiletime options for
clock rates.
Optionally just by compiling the xtal frequency and reading the PLL
registers to get the rest.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd at bwct.de           info at bwct.de            support at fizon.de