timeout while detecting SD card

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jun 5 16:05:18 UTC 2007

In message: <53067.2001:6f8:101e:0:20e:cff:fe6d:6adb.1181056352.squirrel at webmail.alpha-tierchen.de>
            Björn_König <bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:
: Hello,
:
: yet another problem. I can't access the SD card. I googled a bit and
: noticed that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I haven't found a
: solution yet. Here are some details:
:
: Everything seems to work fine until sending the app command in
: mmc_wait_for_app_cmd. The driver gets an interrupt with a "response
: time-out error" set in status register. That's it.
:
: I tried to find the problem and executed an Atmel MCI demo programm in
: kernel shortly after mmc_scan. It does basically the same and detects the
: card in the SD card bay properly. There is one obvious difference: the
: demo doesn't use an interrupt service routine.
:
: I hope someone has a hint for me, once again. ;-)

I have some fixes in p4 I think that address this issue, I think.

Warner