Execution stops while enabling MMU

Björn König bkoenig at alpha-tierchen.de
Fri Jun 1 12:47:05 UTC 2007

Krassimir schrieb:
> Make sure that you are configured the RAM memory properly.

I'm not sure, maybe I got you wrong, but I think that there is no special
configuration necessary. Actually some simple test programs work without
problems, i.e. I can toggle LEDs and write to resp. read from serial
ports. These test programs are running in RAM same way I tried with the
FreeBSD kernel.

> Also, can you give us more info about your board?

What do you want to know? ;-) It's a multi-purpose board with an ARM9
Atmel AT91RM9200 controller, 180 MHz, 64 MB RAM, ethernet, serial ports,
Linux 2.6 preinstalled. Want a picture?
http://www.taskit.de/img/portux/050922_Portux920TEU-mit-CF-Card_741x550.jpg

Unfortunately there is no English technical reference available, but I
have a English user guide dedicated for use with Linux:
http://www.taskit.de/ftp/manuals/Portux920T_Linuxguide_V1.2_(EN).pdf
This is the German technical reference:
http://www.taskit.de/ftp/manuals/Portux920T_Techref_v1.0_(DE).pdf

There is a huge table on page 6, 7 and 8 that lists the physical address
space (with board specifica) completely. I assume I need to map some more
PA before enabling the MMU.

Thanks
Björn