A question about FreeBSD-ARM

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Tue Jul 24 12:52:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 01:16:30PM +0200, Björn König wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >       I have visited http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/arm/
> > and kownn that AT91xx is now supportted by FreeBSD.

AT91RM9200 to be exact.
The AT91SAM92xx family requires a a bit of work in the driver area
befor they will run.

> >       But which board does it run on?

Almost all baords should run with minor modification to the source.
Each board has different xtals, pin configuration, etc to consider,
so a bit of cutomization is required to get a new board running.

> >       Could you give me a link to the web page which introduces the AT91xx
> > board supportted by FreeBSD?
>
> There are several manufacturers out there that offer boards with AT91
> controller, e.g.
>   http://www.kwikbyte.com/KB9202.html
>
> I use this one:
>   http://taskit.de/en/products/portux/index.htm

Not to forget our board :)
http://www.small-control.de/FSB-A920-1.html
http://www.small-control.de/FSB-A920-1-APG.html
In case you search for it: the SD-header is on the bottom side.
It has not much to do with the result, but the board was even layouted
using FreeBSD.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd at bwct.de           info at bwct.de            support at fizon.de