Align exception (was: MMC cards support)

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 15 04:59:19 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 01:59:51PM +0300 Stanislav Sedov mentioned:

> Ok, I've solved my problem with if_ate by hardwiring MAC into the driver and
> by commenting out the lines 1007-1008 in if_ates./c:
>        if (phy != 0)
>                return (0xffff);
>
> My phy (rtl8102BL) is on 0x1D address, that forced the mii driver to return 0xffff
> for all request? What this conditiond was intnded for? Probably we can strip this out?
>
> For now I have another problem: i'm receiving the aligning exception when kernel is about
> to start userland:

Enabling INVARIANTS give me a lot of unexpected order panics, e.g.
vm_phys_free_pages: page 0xc036a4e8 has unexpected order 0

I've no a deep knowledge of VM subsystems, can anybode comment on this?
Probably the memory wasn't configured correctly?

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE