MMC cards support

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 14 11:08:30 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 04:16:35PM +0100 Rafal Jaworowski mentioned:

> We're probably getting a bit OT here, but just to clarify U-Boot networking
> model of operation that was mentioned: MAC address is usually programmed by a
> U-Boot network controller driver into relevant h/w registers upon every
> network access, so provided a given interface was used at least once in U-Boot
> (whatever net command), it should have the MAC addresss programmed correctly
> when running in the kernel. Otherwise it is left untouched, which happens in
> most of the cases with multiple integrated controllers -- usually only the
> first one gets ever used, others are left unconfigured...

Well, I downloaded the entire kernel via tftp, so the controller was probably
configured correctly. Probably, u-boot resets it after transfer (have not checked
this yet).

The idea of bd_t support looks promising anyway, especially if we'll continue our
expansion in the embedded world (almost all powerpc and arm embedded boards are
moving toward using u-boot exclusively). This way we'll get a good cooperation
with another projects. I'll look into this after I get ate0 and usb working.

BTW, what is the status of usb for now? Should it work? I'm receiving
a 'device problem (IOERROR), disabling port 1' message if device attached.
Is it known problem, or something is misconfigured in my board?

Thanks for information!

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE