At91rm9200 how to start with FreeBSD

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Nov 21 09:42:31 PST 2006

In message: <200611211817.23949.Danovitsch at vitsch.net>
            "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch at vitsch.net> writes:
: Apart from that I have another problem with this KB9202B board. I use the
: original boot loader that was provided by Kwikbyte and load the kernel using
: TFTP. I would really like to keep using TFTP for it's speed, but for some
: reason not all kernels I have created are bootable...
: I suspect this to be a problem in the boot loader. When I change the
: configuration of my kernel (add a device, or remove one) all of a sudden the
: kernel won't boot. The boot loader doesn't complain during the TFTP-transfer,
: but after typing "e 0x20000000" to execute, the board hangs without a single
: letter being output on the serial console.
: Has anyone else seen this problem?
: Is there a way to fix the TFTP problems I am seeing?
: (Or did I really mess up with compiling?)

kwikbyte's tftp boot code sucks.  I fixed a lot of bugs with it and
you can find the results in bootiic :-)  In fact, I started with
kwikbyte's boot loader and have made the original one fit in about ~5k
instead of 16k.  I've also added some functionality to it and it takes
up 8k or so.

Warner