bootspi parameters

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Fri Dec 8 08:14:39 PST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 08:54:56AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20061208131314.GQ54209 at cicely12.cicely.de>
>             Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> : It seems that you've put the boot commands into an external eeprom
> : instead of the previously hardcoded values.
> : Am I right with this assumption?
> : Since I don't have an additional eeprom on board I'll still need
> : hardcoded values - or put them into SPI-flash.
>
> What device are you booting from?

currently network via bootspi.
This works after updating as usual.
Still no SD card however.

Now I'm trying boot2 and SD card:
MAC 0:e:42:2:0:21

Default: /boot/kernel/kernel.gz.tramp
boot:
No /boot/kernel/kernel.gz.tramp

Default: /boot/kernel/kernel.gz.tramp
boot: MAC 0:e:42:2:0:21

Default: /boot/kernel/kernel.gz.tramp
boot:

Without a media inserted I get lots of dots.
The SD card is still virgin msdosfs, so not surprising that there is no
kernel.
Btw.: How can I build a kernel.gz.tramp?
Interestingly I need to type every character twice at boot prompt.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd at bwct.de           info at bwct.de            support at fizon.de