questions about current RM9200 state

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Dec 7 19:51:02 PST 2006

In message: <20061208015032.GF54209 at cicely12.cicely.de>
            Bernd Walter <ticso at cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
: This is with P4 Source and an SD card inserted:
: >e 0x20000000

which bootloader?  The bootloader is responsible for setting up some
things, and maybe the version you are using doesn't set them all up.
It is a longshot since I think that the board init code does setup the
sd/mmc bus by default.

: at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
: at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
: at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
: at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
: mmc0: setting transfer rate to 30.000MHz
: at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
: Sending DHCP Discover packet from interface ate0 (00:0e:42:02:00:21)
: [...]
:
: No SD card found it seems.

Is it an SD card and not an MMC card?  We'll need to add some debug to
see why this is the case.  It should find it.  It may not detect the
new SDHC cards, but since those are expensive, that's a long shot.

: About TWI - hinted devices are listed, but I havn't tested if they
: really work yet.

They should.  I'm reading/writing the iic eeproms now.

: But I can't probe the bus from userland:
: [56]arm9# ./iic_probe /dev/iic0
: - and nothing listed.

twi doesn't support START/STOP ioctls that you use.  Hmmm, that's in
p4 that I've removed them because I never got that working.  I also
think the version in -head isn't the latest, working one.  I think you
do the same thing with a 0 byte transfer.  Except we don't detect
NOACK quite right yet, I'm afraid.  I'd expect an error each time you
tried.

:                 error = ioctl(bus, I2CSTART, &cmd);
:                 if (!error) {
:                         printf("device %i exists\n", i);
:                         ioctl(bus, I2CSTOP, NULL);
:                 }
: May I want to get rid of at91_rtc0, since we have DS1672 driver support?

at91_rtc0 is about useless, since it resets every single time the core
resets.

: How can I find out which clock is active?

I'm unsure.

: Shouldn't it keep the time with at91_rtc0 over a simple reboot as well?

No.  The hardware resets to 1998 every time the core resets.

: At least the time did not survive a reboot.

Yea.  I thought it would too, but careful study says 'no'.

Warner