current status

Stephane E. Potvin sepotvin at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 4 05:43:59 PDT 2003

Chuck Robey wrote:

>Is there a status available on the current effort?  Is there a task list.
>things that must be done to realize this?  If anything has been done yet,
>I'm very interested in seeing the current status (I don't expect that a
>lot's been done yet, I'm not expecting this to be handed to me).
>
>I'd really like to see FreeBSD run on the Sharp Zaurus.  It has the
>resources available,  in plenty, and it seems (to me) to make a sexy
>target.
>
>I'm not asking for help; I want to work on it myself, I want to assemble
>whatever parts that have already been accomplished.  Most powerfully, I do
>not myself know in detail any hit list of items that must be accomplished
>(hopefully in correct order).  Just getting such a list would be a great
>thing, I think.
>
>Any pointers would be very appreciated.  Until I get some reply, I'm going
>to start making a cross-compiler and binutils.  I'm subscribed to this
>list now.

Chuck,

I used to work on a port of FreeBSD to the ARM platform up to around
march last year (2002).
Due to various personnal reasons (kids, mostly :) I didn't had time to
look at it during the past year.
I tried to begin working again on it a few weeks back just to discover
that the NetWinder I was using
as a development platform had died on me :( Anyway, I'm not sure if it
would have beed so great
a platform given that Intel have EOL the SA110... I'm still looking
around for a suitable development
platform (one with a "real" bios if at all possible) without success so far.

You might have a look at "http://pages.infinit.net/sepotvin/" if you
want. It's very dated and I'm
pretty sure that it doesn't compile anymore.

Hope this help!

Steph