ASLR work into -HEAD ?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed May 27 16:54:51 UTC 2015

On 27 May 2015 at 09:41, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> You may be in a minority, but you're not alone.  I just hope that when
> this fad fades away we aren't left with a permenent performance hit that
> we can't get rid of.  The best way to ensure that is to make sure
> there's a no-performance-hit way to disable this stuff on day one.

I believe that's the point of the implementation. It's disabled by
default. We can also remove it relatively easily too.

I may want this compiled into access points and other IoT devices to
harden against a class of attacks, but I also want to be able to
remove it for debugging. He makes it so you can enable/disable it
during runtime with a sysctl - it's quite nice.

-adrian