ASLR work into -HEAD ?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 20 15:34:19 UTC 2015

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Oliver Pinter <oliver.pinter at hardenedbsd.org> wrote:

>>> There’s rather a lot of them specifically spelled out in the code review.
>>>
>>> Many of the earlier ones were kinda blown off, so I’ve not been inclined
>>> to take the time to re-review it. Glancing at it, I see several minor issues
>>> that should be cleaned up.
>>
>> Cool. Thanks for taking the time to look at it again.
>>
>> Shawn is in #freebsd on freenode irc, so if you/others want a more
>> interactive review then he's there during the day.
>
> Please CC the core at hardenedbsd.org in future please, when you are
> talking about this issue.
>
> Adrian: do you able to review the MIPS or ARM part especially or test them?

Adrian: Do not commit the changes.

I’ve gone back and re-read Robert Watson’s rather long review and it appears
that virtually none of that has been addressed. Until it is, do not commit it. This
code interacts with dangerous parts of the system, and the default cannot be
to just let it in because no one has objected recently. Objections have been made,
they have been quantified, they haven’t been answered or acted upon. Until that
changes, you can assume the objections remain in place and asking again without
fixing them isn’t going to change the answer.

Warner