Adding new media types to if_media.h

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 27 19:23:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:25:59PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
A> [snip]
A>
A> I think Mike's approach is good - it makes it easy to MFC to 10.2
A> since there's extended lifecycle stuff to do there - and then we can
A> plan out how do the "betterer" fix after it's landed and churned
A> things.

... and we will be ought to support the "betterer" fix along with
the "not so betterer" for a very long time.

The rock on which we split in this argument is that some developers
write their code for stable/x and then forward-port it to head,
focused on quality of result for stable/x; while other developers
do the opposite: write code to head, then consider or not consider
merging it stable/x.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.