enable TRIM by default ?

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Wed Dec 3 08:53:21 UTC 2014

On 2014-Dec-03 01:37:17 -0700, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>> It's a Super Talent FEM16GF13M - which describes itself as a SSD and has
>> a PATA interface.  That trial was ~3 years ago and so probably on 8.x.
>
>Also just noticed this is the ad driver, not the ada driver. Is the above dmesg from
>8.x?

Yes.  I don't have the full dmesg (that was an except from my IRC logs) but
I've confirmed it was FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE.  I agree that is old but my point
was that there are SSDs around that can't cope with TRIM.  Since you've
clarified that the current driver only sends TRIM commands if the device
advertises TRIM support, I withdraw my concerns.

--
Peter Jeremy